As every believer, an icon - it's not a pretty picture, and fashion, and the image of God, the saints and the Mother of God.Icons - images without attribution, through which we address with a prayer, but not decorative elements.Accordingly, the arbitrary use of icons - it's disrespectful as to the Christian tradition, and to himself.
Which icons should be in your home, and how they should be arranged according to church canons?
content of the article:
- What you need to have a home icon
- Where to hang or put icons in the home
- Location icons against each other
icons What you need to have a home for protection, prosperity and family happiness?
First of all, you should remember that the icon - it is not a talisman for good luck, not a horseshoe over the door and bearskin with butterflies hanging on Feng Shui.That is, it is - not ward in its direct sense.Icon - the image through which we turn to God.And only when sincere prayer Lord, or a saint who offers prayers, helps us in the well-being
What icons put the home - depends on you.As they say the priest - and one is enough to pray.If your heart does not have enough images in the home, or you want to build your home iconostasis, you can seek the advice of his confessor, or simply to a minister in the church - they prompt.
usually put in homes following icons (list - not a list of icons that is sure to buy and hang out at home, and only the most revered images, through which prayers are offered for the welfare of the family):
- two main imagein the apartment - Savior (usually choose the Lord Almighty) and, of course, Mother of God (eg Tenderness or Hodegetria).It is impossible to imagine the house of Orthodox Christians without these icons.
- St. John the Baptist .
- images of saints , whose names (by baptism) are members of your family.
- your local saints (when creating the iconostasis).
- George the Victorious .
- Nicholas .The image of this saint, endowed with a special grace (traveling protection, protection from poverty and want), Orthodox put the house more often.
- Panteleimon (most often it is for him to seek healing).
- Apostles Peter and Paul .
- Archangels Gabriel and Michael .
- Kazan Mother of God - patroness of the Russian people, as well as the assistant in work and everyday needs.
- Holy Trinity , symbolizing wisdom, intelligence, and love.One of the key icons in the home confessional.
- Iver Mother of God - and your intercessor women homemaker.Before this manner pray for healing and consolation in the troubles.
- Semistrelnaya .One of the most powerful icons in protecting the house - from envy and malice, the evil eye, and so on. This icon brings harmony, reconciles feuding often take it with you on important events.
- healer .Protects from sorrow and misery, helps in childbirth.Before her prayers for the healing of soul and body.
- Inexhaustible Cup .Healing from addiction, alcoholism and drug addiction, prosperity at home, help and comfort to all those who ask in faith.
- Unexpected Joy .Before this manner pray for the health of children, the welfare of marriage, for healing.
- Seraphim .This holy prayers for healing.
- Blessed Matrona of Moscow .To her prays for healing, well-being of the family.
- Peter and Fevronia .Saints, known as patrons of marital fidelity.By the way, our "Valentine's Day" - July 8, the day of memory of these saints.
- and other icons that will find peace for your soul and in your family.
Kitchen most suitable icon of the Savior, and for kid's room - a Guardian Angel St. - the patron saint of children.
Where to hang or put icons in the home - tips
House Orthodox since the days of ancient Russia were filled with icons.Unfortunately, for many people - a tribute to fashion, but for the orthodox and true believing Christian icon - something to read, and appropriate treatment for her - not secular, and coming from the faith.
How to place the sacred images in the house?
- When choosing sides are guided by its special significance in Orthodoxy - is on the eastern wall of the room is always placed images.In the absence of such a possibility is a reference place where praying is not crowded.
- strictly avoided Neighborhood icon with secular subjects - should not be placed next to images of statues and cosmetics, equipment and other items momentary, earth, decorative value.
- Also, do not hang up / put next image neikonopisnye - panels and pictures (even with religious significance), calendars, secular books, posters and so on. And even lifetime images of saints (Photos) set is not recommended - only canonical icons.
- Items that can coexist with images - is the lamps and candles, orthodox literature, incense, holy water, willow twigs, which are usually stored until the next Palm Sunday.Also, traditionally decorated with icons and the house itself birch branches (Pentecost).
- Icons taken place, and not to hang on a nail - on designated areas (the red corner, the iconostasis, a special shelf or Kyoto).Images do not hang on the walls like paintings unsystematically - this is not a necessary sense of peace and satisfaction required in prayer.
- Do not forget about the hierarchy.2 main icons - the Mother of God (tied to the left of the Savior) and Savior (these icons are always "pivot").You can not post images of saints on these images, as well as on the Holy Trinity.Placed them (the saints) and below the Apostles.
- is not recommended and the variety of writing styles.Pick up a single icon in the manner of execution.Remember that icons in the home pose after their consecration or have already bought in the temple, sanctified.
- main angle (red) - is the farthest room (usually right), located on a diagonal from the door with a reference to the rising sun.
- Do not overdo it with icons.For the other rooms (if the red corner / iconostasis) is sufficient for one image.
- In the children's image of a saint in a way that it could be seen the baby out of the crib.
- Strongly should put an icon on your TV - it is simply blasphemous.
- If you have the room icon should remove all obscene posters, reproductions, paintings, calendars, and other walls.Such neighborhood is unacceptable and inappropriate.Pray Savior, in front of which hangs a poster, for example, a rock band or a picture with the "nude" - it's just pointless.
- The bedroom has a way at the head of his bed.There is a myth that the icons do not put the bedroom, that "God has not seen the proximity of the spouses."It is worth noting that intimacy in marriage - not a sin, but it is impossible to hide from God, even if you will hide all the icons for the night at the bedside table.
- angle in which the cost of the image must be the light, and the images themselves is above eye level.No barriers between the icon and the view (as well as obstacles in the form of tables or dressers among you) should not be.
But most importantly, of course - remember that ...
• The number of icons and the beauty of the iconostasis does not make the life of pious Orthodox - it makes such a sincere prayer in front of these images.
• Icon - not a pagan amulet, and not "drive of grace", which can be approached cherpnut if necessary, and the image is sent through the prayer of the Lord and in his grace to the believer.
How to arrange a home iconostasis
As mentioned above, it does not matter the number of icons and images should not put haphazardly (holes in the wallpaper to close, for example).For the icons to be your light and prominently.
rash empty collection will give you the iconostasis nothing.Several icons and prayer from the heart is always stronger than the rich iconostasis with valuable icons of the golden salaries "to the show."
- iconostasis created in the image of the church.Certainly with the hierarchical location of the image: in the center - to the Mother of God the Saviour (Saviour of the right of it!) In the same row can be disposed Holy Trinity (or all the above image).If Trinity is not - at the top of the iconostasis a crucifix.All other images are subject to these key icons: the right of the Savior put the image of John the Baptist.This triptych - a Deesis (approx. Supplication, base).Then follow the saints, saints and other icons (eg local saints or names) that selects the Orthodox on their own.Saints did not give up Deesis, the apostles, the Holy Trinity.
- iconostasis is placed on the shelf lamps, which are lit on the eve of and during the holidays themselves, on Sundays or during prayer.
- sometimes decorated with the image (as in the old days) bozhnikom.It is long and narrow towel linen embroidered on the ends.These bozhnikami camouflage image on the sides and top, leaving only the faces.
- Kiot more suited for the iconostasis - it is the best way persist, and the red corner stands.
- No matter painting icons painter, received at the blessing, hand, bought it as an image-reproduction or cut from the Orthodox calendar and pasted on a solid base.The main thing - to sanctify the icon.Although certainly hand painted image, covered with varnish always surpass print reproduction.
- Choose your style images - a matter of taste.This can be a Byzantine or old Russian style - it does not matter.Just not secular (academic also not welcome).It has become fashionable to paint icons way they like, without the proper blessing, with a mass of elements "from themselves" and so forth. So the place icons anywhere - not just in the iconostasis.Mixing styles is also not worth it.
And finally: never confuse the prototype and the image itself.We do not pray to the icon, and the prototype.