Every modern day mom confronts the question - to do or not to do his crumbs vaccinated.And often the reason concerns - in response to the vaccine.The sharp jump in temperature after the vaccination - not a rare phenomenon, and concerns of parents are quite justified.However, it should be noted that in most cases, such a reaction is normal and no reason for panic.
content of the article:
Why after vaccination observed temperature rise, is it worth it to shoot down, and how to prepare for a vaccination?
why the child has temperature after immunization?
Such a reaction to the vaccine, as a jump in temperature to 38.5 degrees (hyperthermia) is normal and is due to a kind of scientific immune response to the child's body:
- During the destruction of the vaccination antigen, and in the process of formation of immunity to certain infections the immune system agents standcontributing to an increase in temperature.
- reaction temperature depends on the quality of the vaccine antigens and especially individual properties of the child's body.Also, the degree of purification and directly as a vaccine.
- temperature as a reaction to the vaccine indicates that actively formed immunity to a particular antigen.However, if the temperature is jumped, this does not mean that the immune system is not formed.The response to the vaccine is always strictly individual.
Preparing a child for vaccination
In each country - its vaccination "schedule."In Russia, it is considered mandatory vaccinations against tetanus and whooping cough, tuberculosis and diphtheria, mumps, and hepatitis B, polio and diphtheria, rubella.
do or not do - parents decide.But it is worth remembering that unvaccinated kids can not take to school and kindergarten, and may also be banned from traveling to certain countries.
What you need to know about preparing for vaccination?
- most important condition - the child's health.That is, it has to be completely healthy.An obstacle to the procedure is even a runny nose or other mild illness.
- Since a full recovery after the disease the baby should go 2-4 weeks.
- Before vaccination mandatory examination of the child's pediatrician.
- the tendency to allergic reactions of the child prescribed anti-allergic drug.
- temperature before the procedure should be normal.That is, 36.6 degrees.For the crumbs up to 1 year may be considered the norm temperature to 37.2.
- 5-7 days before vaccination to exclude the introduction of new products diet for children (approx. 5-7 days and after).
- analyzes required before vaccination for children with chronic diseases.
Vaccinations for children - categorical contraindications:
- complications after previous vaccination (approx. For any specific vaccine).
- to BCG - weight up to 2 kg.
- Immunodeficiency (acquired / congenital) - for any kind of live vaccine.
- allergy to the protein of eggs and a severe form of allergic reaction to the antibiotics of the aminoglycoside - for mono- and combination vaccines.
- afebrile convulsions or diseases of the nervous system (progressive) - for DTP.
- aggravation of any chronic illness or acute infection - temporary metotvod.
- allergy to baker's yeast - for a vaccine against viral hepatitis B.
- After returning from a trip related to climate change - a temporary metotvod.
- After an attack of epilepsy or seizures metotvoda period - 1 month.
See also: First aid for poisoning the child
temperature of a child after vaccination
reaction to the vaccine depends on the vaccine and the condition of the child.
But there are common symptoms that are disturbing signals and the reason for going to the doctor:
- Vaccination against hepatitis B
It takes place in the hospital - immediately after the crumbsborn.After vaccination can be observed temperature and weakness (sometimes), and there is always a small seal at the site where the vaccine vodilas.These symptoms are normal.Other changes - a reason to consult with a pediatrician.Higher temperatures will be the norm, if it is reduced by 2 days before the usual indicators.
also carried out in the hospital - 4-5 days after birth.By 1 month of life at the site of administration of the vaccine should appear infiltrate (approx. Diameter - 8 mm), which is covered with a crust over time.By the 3-5-th month instead of crust you will see the resulting scar.The reason for going to the doctor: the crust does not heal and festers, fever more than 2 days in combination with other symptoms, redness at the injection site.And another possible complication - keloid scars (itching, redness and pain, dark red scar), but it can occur no earlier than 1 year after vaccination.
- polio vaccination (drug for oral use - "drops»)
for this vaccination rate - no complications.Temperatures can rise to 37.5 and only 2 weeks after vaccination, as is sometimes observed increased stool for 1-2 days.Any other symptoms - a reason to see a doctor.
- DTP (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis)
OK: slight fever and malaise within 5 days after vaccination, as well as seal and redness of the injection site of the vaccine (sometimes even the appearance of bumps), endangeredwithin a month.The occasion to see a doctor - too big shot, the temperature is above 38 degrees of diarrhea and vomiting, and nausea.Note: the sudden jump in temperature in children with allergies should immediately call an ambulance (a possible complication - anaphylaxis to the vaccine against tetanus).
- Vaccination against mumps
Normally, the child's body reacts to the vaccine properly, without showing any symptoms.Sometimes the 4th to the 12th day may increase the parotid glands (very rare), slight abdominal pain that quickly passes, low-grade fever, runny nose and cough, mild hyperemia of the pharynx, small lump at the site of administration of the vaccine.Moreover, all the symptoms - without deterioration of general condition.The reason for calling a doctor - diarrhea, high temperature.
- measles vaccination
A single vaccination (1 year old).Usually causes complications and the emergence of any apparent reaction.At weakened baby after 2 weeks may be a slight fever, rhinitis or rash on the skin (signs of measles).They will disappear on their own within 2-3 days.The reason for calling a doctor - high temperature, high temperature, which is 2-3 days not returned to normal, the deteriorating condition of the baby.
should be remembered that even in the case where the allowed temperature rise, its value is above 38.5 degrees - a reason to call the doctor.In the absence of severe symptoms of the condition the baby still requires monitoring for 2 weeks.
vaccination carried out - what's next?
- first 30 minutes
Do not just run away home.The most serious complications (anaphylactic shock) are always appear in this period.Watch the crumbs.Anxiety symptoms - shortness of breath and cold sweat, paleness or redness.
- 1 day after vaccination
As a rule, during this period of time the temperature is shown a reaction to most vaccines.In particular, DTP - most reactogenic.After the vaccine (if the value is not more than 38 degrees and even with normal values) is recommended to put the crumbs candle with paracetamol or ibuprofen.An increase above 38.5 degrees give antipyretic.The temperature does not fall down?Call a physician.Note: It is important not to exceed the daily dose of an antipyretic (read the instructions!).
- 2-3 days after vaccination
If the vaccine contains inactivated components (polio, Haemophilus influenzae, DT or DTP, hepatitis B) should give the baby an antihistamine to prevent an allergic reaction.Does not wish to bring down the temperature to drop antipyretic (familiar to the child).The jump in temperature above 38.5 degrees - a reason to seek medical advice immediately (development of seizures).
- 2 weeks after vaccination
It was in this period must wait for the reaction to the vaccine against rubella and measles, polio, mumps.Temperature rise occurs most frequently in the range from the 5th to the 14th day.Strong temperature must not jump, so candles with paracetamol is sufficient.Another vaccine (any other than those listed), provoking hyperthermia during this period, the cause of the disease or baby teething.
What mom with increasing temperature of the baby?
- Up of 38 degrees - use rectal suppositories (especially at night).
- above of 38 - give ibuprofen syrup.
- temperature falls after of 38 degrees or even higher increases - call a doctor.
- sure at: humidify the air and ventilate the room to a temperature of 18-20 degrees in the room, give to drink - and often long hours, reduced to a minimum (if possible) meals.
- If the injection site has inflamed, it is recommended to make a lotion with a solution of novocaine and lubricate the seal troksevazin.Sometimes it helps to reduce the temperature.But in any case, you should consult a doctor (in case of emergency, call the "fast" and consult with the doctor on the phone).
What should not be done in the presence of a high temperature after immunization?
- Giving your child aspirin (fraught with complications).
- Wiping vodka.
- walk and bathe.
- Often / plenty of feed.
And do not be afraid to once again call a doctor or ambulance is better to be safe than to miss an alarming symptom.