choosing the kitchen floor, it is necessary to take into account a lot of nuances - the ease of cleaning, resistance to abrasion and moisture, and more.How to choose the right cover, and what you need to remember?
content of the article:
- kitchen Properties coverage
- Types of flooring for the kitchen
- flooring, parquet
- Cork flooring for the kitchen
- ceramic and stone tiles
- laminate kitchen
- linoleum for the kitchenfloor
- PVC floor tiles in the kitchen
- Cement as flooring
- Bamboo flooring in the kitchen
- Carpeting on the floor in the kitchen
- Combining flooring in the kitchen
- Choosing flooring for the kitchen.Tips designers
- style kitchen and flooring
initially should answer the main questions :
- What exactly do you want?
- For a cover enough of the budget?
- What coverage is optimal with respect to existing or prospective interior?
- Is the selected option to the requirements that are put forward to the outdoor kitchen coverage?
- Warm floors whether implied or you will bypass the usual?
- Whether used alone as a coating material or combination of materials is supposed to?
- Do you need to increase the visual space, or your kitchen has ample size to choose the color of the floor covering without restrictions?
Practical flooring in the kitchen - properties that should have kitchen floor covering
- Hygiene. Easy to clean dirt, grease.The ability to use aggressive detergents.
- resistance to moisture.After the bathroom, the kitchen - the second premise is actively exposed to water.
- durability. Resistance to abrasion.Reliability, quality and durability of the coating.
- Shock. Falling to the floor pan or cast-iron stand Kazanka not any coating.
Of course, all these requirements are met, not every coating.But we must remember that there is still a suitable base, as well as the aesthetics and general appearance of the coating according to cuisine.Therefore, better to understand the types of floor coverings and their properties.
Types of flooring for the kitchen:
and parquet flooring in the kitchen - in practice hostess
What you need to remember?
Moisture resistant wooden parquet, which is produced by the new unique technology, not afraid of water.No flooring, much less two-layer parquet will not be affected even by a sudden flood in the kitchen (unless, of course, immediately eliminate the consequences of the flood).
When choosing flooring note to cover hardwood - they are characterized by high wear resistance and toughness.
Wooden boards should be treated with the composition of prolonging the durability of the material.Also different from the negative impacts of tree protect thick layer of high-quality varnish.
Benefits flooring, parquet
- wooden floor - it is a natural heat in the kitchen.
- wide range of wood types, colors and styling options for the board.
- Additional comfort in the house.
- Environmental cleanliness.
Disadvantages flooring, parquet
- Despite the humidity of modern wood flooring, it is desirable to protect the coating from excessive moisture.
- Falling to the floor heavy or sharp objects leave traces, and the coating has to be restored.
- high cost.
Cork flooring for the kitchen - a natural floor covering
- natural warmth of the coating.
- Resistant to moisture, rot and swelling.
- easy to clean.
- no traces after the fall of a heavy object on the cover.
- variety of textures.
Disadvantages cork kitchen
- Despite a lot of positive qualities, cork flooring can suffer from sharp objects, hot fat and flood.This can be avoided if you buy cork fabric, lacquer protected (wax) coating.
- varnish or wax coating, in turn, spoils the natural feel of the cork floor.
- Cork flooring MDF is based on a multiple of less than pure cork.
- high cost.
ceramic and stone floor tiles - whether to put a tile in the kitchen?
Advantages of ceramic and stone tiles
- Solid overall appearance.
- high moisture - the water tile is not terrible.
- also not afraid of the tile chemicals, hot grease and splashes of sunlight.
- tile is not subject to deformation.
- Cleaning is easy - easy to clean tile.
Disadvantages ceramic coating
- Tiles afraid of blows heavy objects.The drop hammer or Kazanka she would not survive.
- Ware, which fell on the tile is broken in 99% of cases.
- Stone tiles - more impact resistant, but this disadvantage is its high cost.
- on the stone and ceramic floor cold feet.If you're used to walk barefoot, then this coverage should buy a slipper, waterproof mat or floor heating systems.
Things to remember when choosing a ceramic and stone coverings?
- When choosing tile for the kitchen looking for options with a surface that your coverage is not turned into a skating rink during cooking.
- If your children are present, or are you just worried that might accidentally dropped something, buy a tile with a margin.To replace if damaged element cleaved with liquid nails.
laminate in the kitchen - cheap and cheerful?
Benefits laminate kitchen
- Wide range of colors (wood, tile, etc.).
- resistance to high temperatures.
- Low Cost.
- Easy replacement of material at random damage laminate.
Disadvantages laminate kitchen floor
- synthetic coating (not natural).
- swelling with larger amounts of moisture.
- easily damaged in the fall of heavy objects or moving furniture.
- Afraid of corrosive chemicals.
- is difficult to wash off the fat and dyes.
- quickly gathers dust.
linoleum for the kitchen floor - a cost-effective and sustainable coverage
advantages of linoleum for the kitchen floor
- high humidity.
- abrasion resistance.
- Immune to drop heavy objects.
- Low cost.
- softness, heat retention higher than the laminate.
- Easy to clean.
- not afraid of grease and dirt.
- wide range of drawing.
Disadvantages of linoleum flooring in the kitchen
- Afraid hot objects and high temperatures.
- Easily deformed in places where moisture.
- Dislikes aggressive cleaning chemistry (Port appearance).
- Breaks from heavy furniture, refrigerator and so forth.
- Excellent collects dust.
- fade with time under the influence of the sun.
- Inconvenient styling.
Of course, all these shortcomings are more to vinyl flooring. the Natural linoleum (Marmoleum) extremely durable and environmentally friendly.It has antistatic properties, does not rot, and traces of it after moving the furniture remains.But it is significantly more expensive than their synthetic "copies".
PVC floor tiles in the kitchen - flooring, easy installation and operation
In fact, it is the same linoleum, but cut into strips or tiles.Accordingly, advantages and disadvantages similar to those of linoleum.
Advantages of PVC tiles for the kitchen floor
- Have adhesive base, which provides quick and easy mounting.
- Easy replacement of tiles in case of damage.
- combining simplicity compared with rolled linoleum.
- Imitation expensive material for little money.
- material pleasing to the legs.
Disadvantages PVC tiles
- large number of joints after installation, in which, after the moisture falls.As a consequence - tiles come unstuck and flooring loses its aesthetic appearance.To avoid this, you should treat all seams moisture barrier composition.
- Over time possible swelling around the edges.
- damages from a fall sharp objects.
- life is short.
Cement - durable flooring for the kitchen
Benefits cement coating
- Variety surface.Not only dull gray color, but also drawing, speck, etc..
- Ideal for hot climates (the floor is always cold).
- High wear resistance.I can even say "indestructibility".Damage to such coverage can only be an explosive device.
- perfect base for other coverage if you get tired of the concrete.
Disadvantages cement coating
- cold floor.Barefoot walking is not out.
- Sophisticated styling.Without professionals can not do.
- porosity.And, accordingly, the need to create a special coating to protect against stains.
bamboo flooring in the kitchen - it is convenient, or simply fashionable?
Benefits bamboo cover
- strength, elasticity.
- affordability in comparison with solid wood.
- Beautiful drawing surface.
- does not require complex care.
Disadvantages bamboo floor
- small range of colors.
- less high moisture resistance compared with other materials.
- risk of deformation under conditions of high humidity.
Should I put a carpet on the floor in the kitchen?
- pleasant to the touch.
- complexity cleaning.Laundered oil or spilled soup carpet is very difficult.
- when wet carpet for a long time to dry, and even begins to rot.
- Excellent collects dust.
- Harmful to asthmatics.
short, carpet - the worst finish which you can choose for your kitchen.If you wish to walk barefoot on "myagonkomu" even in the kitchen compelling, then there is always the option of separate piece of carpet or carpet .He, in the case of pollution you can wash and dry on the balcony.
Combining flooring in the kitchen
If you decide on the choice of material, you can not, think of the option of combining coverings.He will not only lay two favorite cover, but also visually zoned kitchen.For example, the working area to lay a tile that is not afraid of moisture and fat, and the dining room area - cork floors.What you should know when combined flooring in the kitchen?
- Materials suitable for the working area: linoleum, PVC tiles, ceramic tiles, natural stone.
- materials dining area: carpet, cork flooring, parquet.
- Do not forget about the thickness of the material - they should be equal.Either half will have to align in one of the zones in accordance with the thickness of materials.
- Transitions and the joints should be not only aesthetically attractive hidden and protected from injury.The hostess should not stumble at the transition from one area to another.
What to do in the kitchen floor - boards designers
- Close drawing coatings and coating large items visually reduce the size of the kitchen.That is, for the tiny kitchen they will not fit.The smaller the size of the room - the smaller elements of the picture.
- visually enhance the kitchen helps block parquet , with small size dies stacked deck method.
- Varnish increases the amount of (visual, of course), Matt - on the contrary.
- creating comfort in the kitchen a lot conducive color .The most "comfortable" shades to cover - warm and sandy beige.
style kitchen and flooring
- Kitchen in classical style suitable materials such as parquet, laminate, tiles, imitating natural stone.
- Provence style or country: stone tiles (terracotta dirty shade), antique flooring.
- High-tech: linoleum or tiles with imitation of dark stone.
- Retro: carpet in combination with melkoformatnoy tiles.