Today there are a lot of opinions about how long you need to breastfeed your baby.Some doctors recommend at least six months.Some moms say they have to feed up to three years.And others of her that are sure that after the introduction of complementary foods breast milk the baby is no longer useful.
See also: Pros and cons of breastfeeding - useful whether to breastfeed?
So to what age need to breastfeed, and how long is too fraught with breastfeeding?
content of the article:
- How modern moms breastfeed?
- Prolonged breastfeeding - minus
- Professional advice on the duration of breastfeeding
Some statistics: how long to breastfeed modern mom, and why?
The benefits of breast milk is said not one word.And its value for the health of the baby, no one doubts.Mother's milk - is not only food for the little man, is also his immune defense , because in contrast to the mixture, it is - a living food, full of enzymes and hormones of the mother.
Currently most mothers fed to a year, or, i
See also: How to finish breastfeeding - without stress for the baby and mother.
course, always and everywhere there are extremes.For example, some mothers believe that breastfeeding a child for a long time is not necessary, because many parents raised children in mixtures, and nothing terrible has happened.
Such bias occurs because:
- breastfeed, especially in the beginning, it hurts. Tender breasts are not ready for such ill-treatment - because kids are literally digging into the nipple.Not all moms withstand such a test, and pass to the mixture.
- Breastfeeding provides many challenges. example, frequent pumping, lack of free time and a full bind a mother for her child.
- Some women have not established lactation , and therefore they are from birth formula.
According to statistics, about 27% of women either do not breastfeed, or fold early breastfeeding .But in recent years this figure is rapidly declining as people are increasingly looking to the entire eco-friendly, useful and natural.
In France, for example, women deliberately refuse to breast-feeding and only 69% of pregnant women begin to feed in the hospital.
The Soviet Union was supposed to be a woman working drummer, and then a good wife and affectionate mother.Maternity leave then was only 30 days, the ladies went on maternity leave in the eighth month, and took the kids to the nursery still in diapers.Therefore Soviet women breastfeed children hardly fed.
other extreme - it is a long feeding: Feeding refers to more than 3-4 years.By the way, in pre-Soviet Russian peasant fed children up to 7 years. Firstly, because the pregnancies one after another and lactation did not stop.Secondly, it was not at weaning time.So grown up children and apply to the chest to the school.
Now children after three years of breast-feeding are very few women.
in favor of a long breastfeeding women cite the following reasons:
- children grow up healthier. They do not suffer from allergies and colds.
- softer adaptation of the child to the adult world .The kid quickly get used to the garden.It is easier to get in touch with their peers, because he at an early age did not survive the stress due to the excommunication.
- These children are not obese in adolescence.
- Prolonged breastfeeding promotes full maturation of the gastrointestinal tract. Breast milk provides support for the child and safeguard the stomach by his early gastritis and ulcers in the future.
- Breastfeeding has a positive effect on the formation of an occlusion.
- sucking chest involves almost all the muscles of the lower face , that in the future to protect the child from speech therapy problems.
- useful long to breastfeed girls. This lays the foundations in their subconscious breastfeeding.
- sucking reflex baby calms , not strong to take the load from a child's brain.This feature enhances the intellectual and creative abilities, as a result - higher IQ and increased stress resistance.
What is fraught with long-term breast-feeding?
is believed that feed the child after a year, and even more so - after three, is not something that is not useful and even harmful .For example, many argue that prolonged feeding unhealthy mothers.
- First , because for a long time is not renewed reproductive function.Even if you come menstruation, it does not mean that the body is completely rebuilt and ready for a new conception.
- Second , because the child is "sucking the mother of strength".Indeed, the formation of breast milk from the mother's body taken all the necessary baby nutrients and trace elements and "remnants" mom gets.And not always these "remnants" enough for a normal adult life.Therefore, to three years of feeding, provided malnutrition, many women begin losing his hair and teeth to crumble.
A few negative consequences:
- Long-feeding - a conditioned reflex. vital it is needed only for the first 15 months of life, and more - this is a habit that the child more and more difficult to break the habit.
- psychological discomfort and condemnation of others. «Such a large and tityu requests" - resent her neighbor.It weighs lactating women, even if it feeding itself does not cause discomfort.
- Deterioration breast shape. Every woman is experiencing due to the loss of their sexuality, and abnormal behavior of the child at the breast, when he pulls and pulls the nipple, can ruin the shape of the breast.
- impossible to lose weight. And it is - however, if all the time to eat for two.
Up to what age is optimal to continue breastfeeding - expert advice
- According to the recommendations of doctors - pediatricians and internists - minimum period of breastfeeding should be one and a half to two years .Possibly feeding to three years.4-5-6 summer breastfeeding - it's a matter of personal choice.However, medical evidence of its use there.
- decide how much to feed your child - an issue of only his mother, and, in extreme cases, the father .But not grandparents, other relatives, friends and neighbors.
- Remember, if someone starts to refute your personal point of view on this issue, asking result of scientific and medical evidence of their opinion - and believe me, they will not be able to do.
What do you think about the duration of breastfeeding the child?Tell us your opinion!