When the bath loses its aesthetic appearance, or try to rebuild it, or buy a new one.The modern market offers a lot of options for different price, form and other criteria.What a bathtub - acrylic, steel or cast iron - have a large number of advantages?
content of the article:
- better acrylic bathtub?
- Disadvantages and advantages of cast iron tubs
- Steel baths - the pros and cons
- Real Housewives reviews
Acrylic bath in the economy - pros, cons, tips, housewives, the better the acrylic bathtub?
Such a product of modern technology such as acrylic bathtub, has long had a lot of admirers.Compared with the same cast-iron bathtub, in acrylic - many advantages :
- High strength and reliability, regardless of visual fragility.
- Easy - iron tub much easier, and it can move any host without any professional assistance.
- Availability metal frame for stability and tie legs.
- Glossy , not slippery surface, pleasant to the touch.
- For a long color retention (+ absence of yellowing over time) and the opportunities in his choice.
- antiseptic properties (in some models).
- Slow cooling water , rapid heating bath, high heat capacity.
- Absorption. When filling the bath is no noise.
- For such a bath for more than just look - enough light rubbing with a sponge with soap and water after use.
Disadvantages acrylic baths:
- forbidden to use strong chemicals and abrasives cleaning.
- on acrylic, when improperly applied, can stay scratch .Deletes they polish and deep chips - pouring liquid acrylic.
- If severe drop in the bath thing, acrylic can crack .However, this bath and it will be easy to repair.
- bathe in a tub of their four-legged friends are also not recommended.
price of acrylic bathtubs - from 9 to 25 thousand , and more.
Disadvantages and advantages of cast iron tubs - the cast iron tub is better steel baths?
And we, and abroad, cast iron tubs - the most common.However, foreign baths have some differences.For example, adjustable legs, thinner, the other part of the enamel, handles and skid resistant layer.But our modern cast iron baths boast a number of advantages :
- main plus iron bath, especially in comparison with steel - high strength .Iron - unique in its kind, material, known ancient metallurgists.In Russia, such baths first appeared under Peter the 1st, and from the days of their popularity is falling.
- Care iron bath does not cause much difficulty .The pores on the surface of enamel missing, so timely rinsing bath with the same sponge will ensure its constant purity.
- One of the most significant advantages - ability to retain heat .Cast iron bath cools the longest of its competitors.
- cast iron bath can not break, bend (like steel) or damage the acrylic.It will be decades before you would ever think to upgrade it or replace it with another, because "tired."
- in the bath can safely bathe children with a bag of toys and heavy namyvat beloved pets.
Among the shortcomings can be noted a cast-iron bath:
- impressive weight (about 120 kg).Taking a bath, this is, of course, do not think, but with its transport and rearrangement of the problems is a lot.
- Lacquer eventually wears .
- Heated by cast-iron bathtub long steel or acrylic.
- forms iron bath is not particularly original - how well they are all alike.
course, imported iron more perfect.Because the value of the bath is not only the material but also in the enamel, which has a higher quality, namely of foreign manufacturers.And the weight of the bath will import less.Price iron bath - 8 to 20 thousand , above.
Steel baths - the pros and cons;than steel tubs are different from cast iron and acrylic bathtubs?
ask the seller in the shop about the pros / cons of the steel bath, you, of course, will never hear anything bad.As a result, you may think that the disadvantages of it simply missing.Although they have :
- Bath, whose walls are not thick enough, after some time deformed .As a result - the appearance of cracks and chips on the enamel.By the way, the cost of the bath with thicker walls will be higher than normal.The strength index - the wall thickness of 3 mm.
- High thermal conductivity .That is, the bath is heated quickly, but the water cools too rapidly in comparison with the previous two embodiments.
- Loud noises when filling the bath (unlike acrylic).This problem can be partially solved soundproof pads.
- strictly prohibited use abrasives cleaning - or enamel quickly unusable.
- Ground steel bath - a prerequisite.
steel bath Advantages:
- Low cost - the biggest plus.
- Weight - four times less than that of the iron bath.
- Hygiene enamel (absence of pores, contributing to the development of bacteria).
- wide range of shapes and sizes.
price of steel bath - from 4 to 15 thousand rubles .