Pneumococcal disease is one of the most dangerous infections, because of which this year already killed people.Russian Health Ministry proposes to introduce vaccination against pneumococcal infection in the vaccine schedule.Why do I need a vaccination against pneumococcal disease?
What is pneumococcal infection and how dangerous is it?
Pneumococcal infection - is the cause of a sufficiently large group of diseases that occur in a variety of chronic inflammatory processes in the body.Such diseases include the following:
- purulent meningitis;
- infected blood;
- Inflammation of the joints;
- Inflammation of the sinuses;
- inflammation of the lining of the heart etc.
Once in the mucous membranes of the respiratory tract, blood, cerebrospinal fluid, etc.Infection is actively developing, producing disease in humans.Infection immunity inhibits the production, whereby there is a particular disease.But some people are just native pneumococcal disease and feeling at the same time perfectly.
Most often it is the children are carriers of pneumococcus.Especially it concerns those children who attend training and educational institutions (detsadiki, schools, clubs, clubs, etc.) The pathogen is spreading everywhere and transmitted airborne .
highest risk of infection is present in the following groups of people:
- Children under 5 years of age who are sick;
- HIV-infected children;
- Children with removal of the spleen;
- children suffering from diabetes;
- children with chronic diseases of the cardiovascular system and respiratory tract;
- People over 65 years old;
- People with low immunity;
- alcoholics and drug addicts;
- People often ill with bronchitis and diseases of the respiratory and cardiovascular system.
most often due to pneumococcal disease and complications of diseases caused by it, people die from sepsis and meningitis .The highest percentage of deaths observed in elderly patients.
Vaccination against pneumococcal infection is carried prophylactic and therapeutic purposes .As a therapeutic agent vaccination should be carried out together with the combined treatment.
To date, according to the national immunization schedule , carried out vaccination against the following diseases:
- Hepatitis B;
- Haemophilus influenzae.
Since 2014 this calendar supplemented vaccination against pneumococcus , so - and against diseases that are provoked by this infection.
vaccination against pneumococcal disease:
- reduces the duration of bronchitis and pneumonia;
- reduce the number of acute respiratory infections;
- reduce the number of recurrent otitis;
- reduced the level of media pneumococcal infection;
- improve immunity.
Vaccination against pneumococcal infection is carried out in many countries through the national immunization schedule.Among the countries observed: France, USA, Germany, England, etc.
Russia has already approved the bill, according to which 2014 vaccination against pneumococcal disease will be required .This decision was made by Ministry of Health of Russia.Development of the document is provided in accordance with the request Arkady Dvorkovich (Deputy Prime Minister) in order to prevent high mortality from pneumococcal disease.
Commission of the Russian Federation approved a bill submitted by the Ministry of Health to improve the immunization system of infectious diseases.