Chickenpox in common - medical references the disease is called chicken pox.The causative agent of chickenpox is a common herpes virus is very hardy, which is known to live in the cells of each human body.There is an opinion confirmed by doctors that have had chicken pox as a child is better, because children suffer this illness is much easier.However, when a period of an epidemic of chickenpox in children's institutions - and this is most often fall - Parents concerned about the most important questions - how to protect your baby from chickenpox, how to identify the symptoms of chickenpox in children for sure how to treat chickenpox in children?
content of the article:
- Chickenpox - the incubation period for chickenpox symptoms
- forms of chickenpox in children
- are exposed to chicken pox for children?
Chickenpox - incubation period in children;What is chicken pox as children infected with chickenpox?
believed that chicken pox - is the only viral disease, which remains most frequent infectious disease contingent childhood to the present day.Experts say that chicken pox can recover in a lifetime only once, as the body recover further develops immunity to chickenpox.Although sometimes there are still cases of people in their lives suffer from chicken pox 2 times.
Chickenpox most commonly affects age children from 2 to 10 years. Typically, the disease is most prone to those children who are in kindergarten and schools, attend clubs, clubs, etc.Newborn babies under 6 months of age can not get sick with chickenpox, because they have a birthday saved immunity received from the mother and support breastfeeding.
chickenpox virus is very volatile, route of transmission - airborne .The virus can be deposited on the mucous membranes of the eyes, nose and mouth, the entire surface of the respiratory tract, where the move at high speed and penetrates into the body.
Children chickenpox disease initially manifested outwardly reddish spots on the skin, which then form small size blisters filled with fluid.
It should be noted that the chicken pox - is resistant infections and rapidly spreading rapidly among people the disease - that's why there annual seasonal epidemics of chickenpox in children's institutions .With a current of air and dust chickenpox virus easily penetrates into the neighboring apartments and rooms.If the kindergarten pupil of one sick with chickenpox - then all the other kids are also susceptible to infection, and those who have no history of the disease are likely to get sick.
chickenpox epidemic patterns of disease is due to the length of its incubation period of 2 to 3 weeks .The incubation period for chickenpox can manifest.Children look absolutely healthy and active.But during this period the sick child who does not even have any external manifestations of chickenpox, the epidemic is a threat to all the people around him and could infect them.When the incubation period passes and the most active phase begins dividing virus in the body, the child's health begins to deteriorate, there are all common symptoms of chickenpox.When the disease is on the decline, chickenpox virus terminates its activity after 5 days from the occurrence of the most recent eruptions body.
Chickenpox in children - symptoms: how to start and looks like chicken pox in children?
In most cases, chickenpox shows a typical picture of the disease, and all children have shown, we can say the same.
Among the main symptoms of chickenpox are the following:
- sharply increases body temperature (40 degrees C);
- pain in the head, limbs and muscles;
- irritability, tearfulness baby, severe weakness and apathy;
- Unexplained anxiety, sleep disorders;
- Decreased appetite a child, and even refusal of food;
- appearance on the entire surface of the body characteristic rash spots and bubbles, which do not affect only the surface of the hands and feet.
Eruptions are pink-red spots are small, which is quite rapidly cover all the child's body in a very short period of time.
- After some time, these pink spots begin to turn into vials of clear liquid inside ;
- bubbles cause severe itching .The child begins to itch bother, it tends to comb the bubbles on the skin - absolutely can not do that.Parents should be aware of this, and by all means to prevent scratching the baby itchy blisters on the skin.Otherwise - in combed wounds can get infected, causing severe complication - a secondary infection of the skin;
- chickenpox spots on the skin dry up within 3 days and covered with a red crust.But in the disease process on the patient's body next rashes appear, in a typical form of the disease - a period of 4 to 8 days, accompanied by all the aforementioned symptoms of the disease;
- crust, covering spots on the skin begin to fall off in 2 weeks .In place after the chickenpox rash on the skin are subtle traces that initially painted in pale pink color, then blend the color with healthy skin does not stand out.But if the child during illness combed chickenpox blisters on the skin at the site of scratching may be formed of various sizes scars remain forever.
forms of chickenpox in children;How long does chickenpox in children?
How long does chickenpox in children over time?Definitely can not be answered.The body of each person is different, and chicken pox all proceeds differently.If you take the average data, we can say - appearance of new spots is suspended during the period of 5 - 8 days of illness .Since that time, it is believed that chicken pox is winding down and the child is recovering.Footprints on the skin of the chicken pox spots disappear within 3 weeks .
All cases of chickenpox require quite different treatment - it depends entirely on the form of the disease.
There typical chickenpox , which occurs in mild, moderate or severe and atypical chickenpox .
- Chickenpox is a mild occurs without fever or other symptoms.There may be only a few isolated spots and blisters on the skin that are accompanied by itching.
- If a child is sick with chickenpox moderate severity , his body covered with characteristic spots of chickenpox, the patient has a high fever and symptoms of intoxication.If chickenpox moderate severity body temperature over 38 degrees C.
- Severe chickenpox in childhood is extremely rare - it usually manifests in adults patients.During severe varicella patient's body almost completely covered with pockmarks strongly pruritic vesicles, wherein the body temperature rises sharply to 40 degrees.In severe chickenpox in the human body there is a large number of merging with each other spots, symptoms of general intoxication.In rare cases, a severe form of chickenpox can become ill babies first year of life with low immunity.Pregnant women are also vulnerable to this form of the chickenpox, it is important to remember.
- By atypical form of chickenpox include cases of aggravated forms of the disease, which is characterized by very severe manifestations of symptoms, as well as a rudimentary form of the disease, in which the chicken pox occurs without symptoms at all.
Chickenpox - Complications in children: the chicken pox dangerous for the child?
If all hygiene chicken pox does not cause any complications .If in the course of the disease blisters on the skin inflamed, or were badly combed, in their place are formed visible scars remain for a lifetime.More serious effects of chickenpox patients almost does not occur.The only serious complication of chickenpox - which, fortunately, is extremely rare - it encephalomyelitis, the so-called inflammation of the brain.
Usually, treatment of chickenpox performed at home .Special medicines for the treatment of chicken pox does not exist, they are not necessary.Chickenpox, doctors recommend a patient to adhere specific diet, drink plenty of fluids, to observe strict bed rest, take allergy medications to prevent severe itching, lubricate the skin soothing itching lotions and emerging bubbles - green paint.
Site Colady.ru warns self can damage your health!If you have any doubts about the symptoms and manifestations of the child of a disease - for advice, please contact your doctor, do not put a diagnosis on their own!