What can retinoids, sold by prescription and over the counter, and they need to know before applying them.If you are looking for anti-aging Internal and external aging: it is necessary to think in advance , do not neglect the retinoids.Vitamin A derivatives have been used for about forty years, dermatologists and still consider them an indispensable weapon in the arsenal of anti-aging.
- Retinoids minimize wrinkles, maintain skin elasticity, slow down the destruction of collagen, lighten spots on the skin caused by sun exposure.They can be used safely for a long time, and they protect against harmful radiation.Dermatologists like retinoids, because their effectiveness is confirmed scientifically.
- Retinoids are recommended for everyone.It's never too early to start using products that contain retinoids.If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, they will also benefit.
Retinoids first appeared on the market in the early 1970s as an anti-acne drug.Even today, they are predominantly used for th
Since then, they have been used in the treatment of psoriasis, warts, wrinkles and pigmentation disorders due to exposure to sunlight.They are also effective for aging skin.One form of retinoic acid even used in the treatment of acute myeloid leukemia.
Some doctors advise to use retinoids as part of a general program of skin care, which may include regular facial peels, Botox and injectable fillers, which adjust the wrinkles around the mouth and eyes.
Fillers and Botox will not improve the appearance of the skin.You can do a facelift Facelift: how to bring youth , but if you have a broken pigmentation, complexion is smooth.It is best to combine these methods with the use of external funds.
How do retinoids
Retinoids are causing superficial skin cells die off quickly, giving way to the growth of new cells under them.They stop the destruction of collagen, a protein that maintains the elasticity of the skin and tightens the deeper layer of the skin, wrinkles HDV begins.
There is a common misconception that retinoids such as tretinoin and retinaldehyde make the skin thinner and thus more prone to sunburn.They usually cause redness and scaling of the skin during the first few weeks of use, but they are actually compacted epidermis.It does not make us more vulnerable to the sun.But, of course, you still need to use sunscreen when you are using retinoids.You can not treat a sunburn and do not protect from the sun.
Retinoids eliminate brown spots that make uneven skin tone, and stop the production of melanin Which foods contain melanin - the skin care , dark pigment, produced by melanocytes, the skin cells that produce pigment.
Retinoids, which can be bought
to aging skin dermatologists recommend tretinoin and retinoic acid (Retin-A, Renova, Refissa), tools that can operate in a hundred times more efficient than conventional products containing retinoids, which can be boughtin stores.
- Tretinoin works best because it has a strong ability to prevent the destruction of collagen.
- Retinol contained in such media, when applied to the skin is converted to retinoic acid.Typically, patients begin to use conventional external retinoids, and are moving to stronger drugs.
Manufacturers of OTC creams and gels are not obliged to inform the customer about the amount of retinol used in them.In short, these funds may not be as effective as tretinoin.But they smooth the skin and minimize the effects of sun exposure.
Generally, to observe the effect, you need to use them every day for three to six months.Applying prescription retinoids, patients may notice that the skin was smooth, and its color became smoother after six to eight weeks.
retinaldehyde, another form of retinoid, which can be purchased without a prescription, it is very effective as a means for rejuvenating aging skin.One study found that, among other means cosmeceuticals retinaldehyde is the most effective and well-tolerated agent that renews the skin cells, protects against UV rays, prevents cell damage and improves the appearance of aging skin.
How to apply
Retinoids are sold as prescription and non-prescription, should be applied to the skin in small amounts, the size of a pea.A larger amount of the product can irritate the skin.You should start slowly, using a retinoid every other day, until the skin gets used to it.Not everyone appears irritated, but most in the beginning it is.A few weeks later it goes.
experts recommend the use of retinoids exactly as prescribed by the doctor, and do not apply to other external agents while using tretinoin.It is also recommended that patients using tretinoin, avoid contact with the skin to sunlight and outdoor use sunscreens and protective clothing.
It is best to apply retinoids to clean, dry skin, and combine them with the use of benzoyl peroxide, sulfur, resorcinol, or salicylic acid.This combination may cause severe skin irritation.
use of tretinoin with certain medications (diuretics, antibiotics such as tetracycline and sulfanilamide drugs) can also make the skin more sensitive to the sun.
it safe to retinoids
External retinoids are safe, but pregnant and lactating women in any case have to discuss with your doctor the question of their application.
- Serious side effects may include hives, swelling and shortness of breath.
- Less serious side effects of the use of tretinoin may include a burning sensation, increased local temperature, contraction, itching, redness, swelling, dryness, peeling, irritation and pigmentation disorders.
- If severe irritation should be a few days delay the application of retinoid and moisturize the skin.A few days later the irritation disappears.
With regard to OTC products containing retinoids, there is little information about the safety of their use.However, many dermatologists believe that these are safe, as well as tretinion.