In Japan, sushi is eaten with hands that in the United States, by the way, is considered strange, everything is eaten with chopsticks.
Many do not know what they are served with wasabi ginger, wasabi is clear is mixed with soy sauce to taste, where to dunk the land, but the ginger (ginger) has assumed between each piece of land to put his next true taste.
Main accessories for sushi:
tubs rice (hangiri)
used to make rice seasoned with vinegar, appropriate texture and appearance.Traditional a tub of cypress planks strapped copper hoops, it is possible to replace any wood or plastic utensils.
used to stir the rice to cool it down.According to Japanese tradition, syamodzhi symbolizes the position of women as housewives at home.Instead, you can use a regular spatula, wooden or plastic spoon.
With utiva from intended for making sushi rice removes excess moisture: fan moves the air, so intensified natural evaporation.Traditional utiva made of bamboo strips, and pa
bowl large bowl with lid rice does not cool down during the preparation of sushi.
Cutting board (manaita)
absolutely necessary accessory.Traditionally made of wood, but modern housewife hygiene in order to prefer synthetic materials.
There are two main types of sticks: long and short.Long, who often made of metal, stir the dish being prepared or raise its fragments.Short rods are used to eating.
Use tweezers to remove small bones from fish.Preference is given to large tweezers with straight ends.
bamboo mat (Makis)
Makis made of bamboo strips, twisted cotton thread.These mats are used in the preparation of the land in the form of roll.
achieve really neat and beautiful cutting can only use high-quality steel knife.It is better to sharpen using a whetstone.Good Japanese knives - worthy descendants of the samurai sword, the world-famous for its sharpness.
Knives - the most valuable tool of chefs.These masters of the land always keep on hand a damp cloth to wipe clean the blades during operation.
main types of knives
Knives for cutting meat (deba-bocho)
large, heavy knife with a triangular blade that can handle even the bone.
Knives for cutting vegetables (Nakeer-bocho)
Easier than deba-bocho, with the blade rectangular shape.
Knives for cutting fish (sashimi-bocho)
Cooking sushi rice
1. Rice for sushi should be slightly harder than the other dishes.Each sushi roll takes about a cup of cooked rice.It is better to cook it a little more, with a margin.There are many different recipes for preparing rice for sushi, they are all in their own good.
You can find this recipe on the label and the bottle of rice vinegar and rice on the package and on the package of nori seaweed.
2. Rice is better to choose not long grain and round.In most recipes indicate that dry rice should be washed before until the water runs clear.However, it is not so necessary.The recipes also points out that the washed rice in a colander is lifted (it is called the tattoo) and leave it there for half an hour to properly water glass.To do all this or not - you decide.
3. Wash the rice to clean water (optional).
4. Put it in a pot, cover with water and leave for half an hour to swell.
5. Put the rice on the stove and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat to low and simmer for another 10 minutes Fig.
7. Turn off the burner and let the rice then 20 minutes.
8. During this time, prepare the vinegar for sushi: In a small saucepan, set on fire, mix all ingredients and heat until the sugar and salt are dissolved.
9. Put the rice on a sheet of parchment, sprinkle with vinegar and ready mix as if you cut it.With fan cool rice to body temperature.
Cooking per serving:
900 g rice korotkozernogo
1 liter of water
vinegar for sushi
125 ml rice vinegar 4 tablespoons
.spoons of sugar
teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon soy sauce
1. hangiri rinsed with cold water (wood the tub) or shallow pan, put back the hot rice.
2. Add the vinegar prepared by uniformly spraying them rice large wooden spoon.
3. Mix the rice, in any case, not trampling it.
4. With fan cool to room temperature Fig.
"Preparation of nigiri-sushi"
making nigiri-sushi, achieve even and tight fit of the outer shell and rice.Each land is molded by hand, carefully and cautiously.You will need a cutting board, a sharp knife and tedzu rinsing fingers.
1. Prepare tedzu - vinegar with water in a ratio of 1: 1.Lightly moisten it fingers and palms.
2. Take a piece of fish and a handful of prepared rice.Crimping rice shape of a dense clump.
3. Holding the palm of a slice of fish, lubricate it with a small amount of wasabi.
4. Put the fish on a lump of rice and press down gently with the thumb of his so as to form vmyatinka.
5. The index finger of the other hand flatten clump of rice.
6. Turn the sushi (fish should be on top).Acting thumb and middle finger, shape the rice.
7. Put on land index and middle fingers, as shown in the picture, and gently pushing, tighten it.Repeat steps 5-7 twice more.
8. If you do it right, as a result of tight rice should be wrapped on all sides of shell fish.
"thin sushi rolls"
1. Cut a sheet of nori seaweed in half (lengthways).Lay out the nori on a bamboo mat with the shiny side down.Lightly moisten hands tedzu.
2. Take a handful of the tubs of rice and evenly lay it on the surface of the sheet of nori.
3. Using your index finger, lubricate the middle of the desired amount of rice with wasabi, moving from the middle to the edges.
4. Along the strip, place a layer of wasabi tuna meat.Lift one edge of the bamboo mat.
5. Holding the mat and stuffing fingers of both hands, start to roll up the mat with a sheet of nori, trying to apply pressure evenly.
6. Continue to roll forming, but now push harder to seal Fig.If necessary, repeat the last step.Figure roll over the entire length must obtain a dense and smooth.
7. Remove the roll mat, place it on a cutting board and cut in half.
8. Place both halves of his close together and cut into 3 parts.Typically, one roll of sushi turns 6.
1. Lay a sheet of nori (shiny side down) on a bamboo mat and grab a handful of rice.
2. Put the rice evenly over the sheet standards.Then move all with a damp cloth on the mat (rice should be at the bottom).
3. The middle part of the sheet standards grease (along) with the desired amount of wasabi.
4. The products selected for the filling, put the band on top of wasabi.
5. With start rolling mat roll, leaving a free outer edge of the nori sheet width of about 2.5 cm.
6. Lift the mat, rolling roll another 1 -2 times ahead, increasing the pressure to the free edge of the nori sheet tightly stretched out over the entirethe length of the roll.
7. Formed roll free off the mat and place on a board or in a shallow tray.Cover it with a layer of eggs, laying it in small portions.
8. With a sharp knife, cut the roll in half ready.Put next two halves, cut them into 3 parts.Each roll is obtained 6 sushi.
When we say simply "land", without specifying what kind of its species in question usually have in mind the nigiri-sushi ("nigiri" is Japanese for "hand molded") - it wasit is usually served in restaurants specializing in sushi.Nigiri-sushi "born" from Tokyo;where there are many varieties of it, which use fish and seafood.This is due to the fact that Tokyo (until 1868 called the Edo period) has always been famous for the richness and variety of the fish market.
Maki Sushi - Sushi is a roll of narrow strips of different seafood and fresh or pickled vegetables, rolled up in a layer of vinegared rice and a sheet of nori seaweed.Therefore, this dish is also sometimes called "nori-maki sushi."Nori-maki is the most famous and diverse variety of sushi.Filling this roll can serve almost any product - from crispy vegetables in tempura and avocado omelet to.
Temaki sushi came to light as a starter, which makes for a busy cook yourself forever.They were on hand all the necessary ingredients for sushi, but due to lack of time, they preferred a simplified technology.Temaki - a kind of sushi, a cone-shaped ("Funtik").Temaki gives a great opportunity to experiment with different ingredients - such as, say, boiled chicken or beef stew, flavored with optional sauces.The preparation of this dish does not require special skills and time-consuming.It turns out very tasty, even stuffed with low-priced products.If
nori has not yet dry, you can do it yourself, lightly kilned each sheet over a fire gas stove for 30 seconds.Drying should only one side, otherwise it will lead to a deterioration of flavor.It is also possible to dry nori on a dry skillet over low heat to melt.Thereafter, the sheet of nori should be crispy and acquire a dark green color.
Trim from nori sheets can be used for cooking spices, they also sprinkled with a variety of dishes.If you are cooking
temaki sushi with very soft or semi-liquid filling, better to put it on top of the rice.
Japan as an ingredient for temaki-sushi and maki-sushi very popular daikon sprouts - white radish.They're pretty sharp to the taste and good for sushi with omelette.Shoots daikon can be purchased at the grocery store, grocery store or market.
You can also grow them from seed at home.Small temaki sushi - a great appetizer, they are very convenient to eat with your hands.